Monday, April 12, 2010

Terrifying Twos?

I remember the twins going through a phase where we were chasing them constantly and they were always into things and being terrified, but I thought it was because they were twins. I am now learning that it was because they were two. Once again I have been blessed with a two year old who is afraid of NOTHING! We have a gate between the kitchen and the rest of the house and if I do not keep it locked at all times Ryan will disappear. Usually he goes to the back yard, but it is still frightening all the same.

Last Friday he added a few gray hairs to my head. (I haven't actually found them yet, but I am sure that they are there.) We were in Champion visiting Ron and Dena when we (Stephanie and I) realized that we had once again lost Ryan. Steph made a lap around the house looking for him, but to no avail. I was feeding Lane, but I got up and wandered through the basement and the garage looking and calling for him. Still no Ryan, so I decided I better get serious about looking since there is a creek in the back yard and a lake just down the street. I put Lane down and we went outside to seriously start looking. I checked my suburban on the way by, and headed for the creek. Just as I was really starting to panic and head for the lake, Stephanie called to me that she had found him. He was in her car "driving." When she left later she said that he had turned all of the knobs he could get his grubby little hands on and had thrown her keys in the back seat. She says her windshield wipers will never be the same.

So.......30 minutes later I am getting our stuff together and telling Grandma and Grandpa goodbye, when I see Ryan coming out of their bathroom. I ask him what he is doing and he brings me two pills that he had been chewing on. Ok, so 35 pound 2 year olds are not supposed to take Blood Pressure medicine. We knew how many pills there should be and we were missing one, so I called the Pharmacy. He told me that I needed to take Ryan to the hospital. (I had already been there once that day with a sick Lane, and really didn't want to go back.) Off I went. Ryan fell asleep before I got there, so I had to figure out how to juggle him and Lane into the clinic. They checked his blood pressure and it was fine, so they let me take him home to observe him instead of admitting him. Thankfully it did not appear that he actually swallowed the pill. I have no idea where it went, but at least he was ok. I think I have my work cut out for me for a while!

Here is my little darling in his baby brother's hat. (He likes to wear all of Lane's clothes by the way.)


Here he is in the baby swing. Another thing that is not designed for a 35 pound 2 year old.

No comments: