Monday, May 26, 2008

Working Sunday Afternoon

While the rest of the family went to the lake, Josh and my parents came to Grant to do some work in the yard. We had not moved the kids' play house out from Grant yet, so they went and picked that up and had it all set up when we got home. Our trampoline had cartwheeled into the field behind our house with the wind a month ago and they got that straightened out and staked down as well. On this fine holiday, I should not hear, "Mom, there is nothing to do." From the big boys. We also burned the branches that were in the incinerator when we moved here. Some mice came scurrying out and Nate killed at least one. YEA!!! Dad and Josh killed a huge bull snake beside the dog pen also. I know it would kill the mice, but I would rather not have Nate out trying to kill it on his own and get hurt. The dogs were pretty wound up about it. Whew! What a day!

No comments: