Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Lane

I had an AWESOME baby appointment today! I had a glucose test which I completely expected to fail. I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with Ryan. I have been monitoring my glucose levels and trying to eat low carb for the most part. My numbers have been high most of the time, but for some reason this morning they were very low. What this means since I passed is that I still need to be careful and keep track myself, but the doctors are not going to be hounding me about it. Today baby was a little over 2 pounds and in the 43rd percentile for his age. This means that my glucose levels to this point are not affecting him negatively. One of the effects of the higher glucose levels is that the baby will get really big. So far not an issue.

I also had a complete placenta previa with Ryan, which means that my placenta was on the wrong side of the baby. In my case it was across my old incision and made the C-Section very challenging because they had to make sure not to cut the placenta when they were trying to get the baby out. Anyway, this is why Ryan was born 4 weeks early. SO, my placenta was low lying at my 20 week ultra sound, but not in as bad of a place as with Ryan. Today it was exactly where it was supposed to be! Praise God!

I feel so much better this pregnancy than I did the last one that I can't even begin to describe it! I am very excited that unless something new crops up I should be able to carry this baby full term or within a few days. My due date is March 8th and it sounds like March 1st or 2nd we will have a new baby.

Below is a picture of the baby. It is amazing to me how you can tell what they are going to look like. We think he looks a lot like Ryan, right down to the cleft in his chin.


2 comments:

Dillan Family said...

How exciting! I'm praising God with you for your health & the baby's. I love the ultrasound picture.

Dillan Family said...

I love the name Lane.