Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank you Jesus

~Don't be weary in prayer; keep at it; watch for God's answers, and remember to be thankful when they come.
Colossians 4:2~

Some one gave us a perpetual calendar for a shower/wedding gift. We are on our 3rd trip through it, and every year on January 13th I will forever remember the first January 13th. On that day Nate and Cliff had their first official visitation with their biological dad. It was a very emotional day for them and for Josh and I. I remember standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window watching them drive away and crying my eyes out. I was heart broken. The verse on the calendar for that day was Colossians 4:2. Josh was trying to get home that morning before the boys left, but he met them on main street in the truck. When he got home, he found me and this verse. We sat on the couch together and cried and prayed. I took this verse as a promise and continued to pray, and 11 months later Greg gave us the gift of adoption.

Thank you Jesus for answering our prayers. We are so thankful that Josh was allowed to adopt the boys. You are so good! Amen

No comments: