Please pray for us in the next few weeks as we make some big changes in our life. One change that already took place is that Josh is working a night shift. It is not terrible for family life, but not great for sleeping either. He goes to work at 11 pm and gets home between 8 and 9 am. He will be home when the kids get home from school and we will still have evenings together, but it is definitely an adjustment. Also, he did not pass his engineer re-certification test in December, so he was planning to be moved to a different department, but still with the railroad. It would be a pay cut, but the hours would be more scheduled and it would be a little more family friendly we think. It appears that they do not want to loose him in the department that he is in so they are insisting that he take the engineer test again on Feb 19th. We had really prayed for God's will the last time he took the test and were completely at peace with the change of department, so we are kind of flustered with this new news. We are glad that they like him, we just thought we knew what God wanted us to do, and now there is a new twist in life. SO, we again will pray for God's will and see what happens.
The next change is that the baby will be here on March 2nd or before. (I hope not before, we are kind of on a tight schedule with the kitchen!) I know that the adjustment for Ryan is going to be a difficult one. I am not going to be able to lift him for a while and it is going to be rough sharing Mommy. Nate and Cliff don't want to sit in Mommy's lap very often anymore, so he has had me pretty much all to himself.
The third change is my work situation. We would really like for me to be able to stay home, but are not sure how the finances of that will work out. Whether I go back or not, it is going to make things tight. I would like to be able to concentrate on the screen printing shop and grow that a little more instead of trying to cram it into my evenings and weekends. If I go back to work I will probably cut my loses and try to sell it because I know I can't keep up with both.
Anyway, there it is, Josh and I have never had a lot of secrets in life, so I prefer to have everyone know what is going on so that if they think about it they can send up a little prayer for us.
Big Family Food and Fun: August 2-8, 2026
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment